Kyle’s Birth Story

We wanted to have a non-stress environment not only for Kyle but for our oldest, Bradly.

This story is nothing like my firstborn‘s birth story. Truly no two births are the same. Since I had a hard time with my oldest son we decided to have a scheduled C-section. I actually got a lot of crap from this. Honestly, it kind of wore me down because I wanted to have a natural birth experience with my oldest. Having a C-section was something my husband and I talked about several times. In the end, I’m so glad I did it this way.

Kyle James was born at 10:32 A.M. weighing 7 lbs. 3 oz. 19 inches long on February 27, 2015. My sister came into town to help me with our oldest. We got up at 5:30 A.M. and went to the hospital to prep everything. Bradly and my sister were in the waiting room with a bag full of activities. He was so excited to see his brother and oh so patient.

We went back about 7:30 A.M. and they took all the vitals and drew blood and put in the IV. Signed all the paperwork checked the baby, things moved pretty quickly. They had me walk into the operating room and started the epidural. Instantly my legs went numb. My husband came in and they started.

The doctor was the same that delivered my first, which I was so excited because she knew my story. She talked me through everything and then lifted the baby right up for me to see, instantly I fell in love. Which I was so nervous if I would still feel the same way as I did with my oldest. Within minutes the nurses cleaned him up and had him nursing right away. He was a champ at nursing, nothing like I experienced the first time around. I was getting my tubes tied as well while she was in there. (another reason we planned it)

The nurses took the baby to check him over and I went to recovery. Once I got into our room the baby was right in my arms waiting to nurse again. The nurse gave him a bath in front of me and then his temperature was a little low. I tried using my body heat but it wasn’t enough for him. The nurse brought him to the heater and he was good to go after about 30 minutes.

My sister stayed with me and the baby while my husband took my oldest home for the evening. They came back the following day to visit but I think it was good bonding time for the two of them. I was ready to go home by the next morning and walking around. They didn’t let me go home until the following morning.

I’m so happy that this birth was less stressful. I love everything about it. I love listening to birth stories especially when I was pregnant. I hope you enjoyed my story. Love ya, Mary xoxo


I get a commission for purchases made through links within this page.

There is no charge to you by clicking on the links.

Sharing is Caring

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *