Winter is a time when I start my second round of homeschooling. I plan all of winter and spring at this time. We are from Florida and I’ve only saw snow flurries a few times (My husband and I lived in SC for a year). My kids want to see snow so bad. I try to come up with snowy ideas for them to play within science center and fine motor center. There are tons to talk about. Winter animals, mitten fun, snowman, and snow fun.
I’m just going to give you some ideas for each learning center for winter theme.
- Mitten Match
- Shaving Cream
- Icebergs with polar animals
- Playdough Snowman
- Duck duck Penguin (no running, waddle like a penguin)
- Penguin race with egg in between legs (we use a small ball)
- Winter dress up relay
- Find the polar animals
- Making snow (blend ice in the blender)
- What’s in the mitten (put small items in a mitten and they guess)
- Investigate in snowflakes (cut out paper snowflakes and use magnifying glass)
- Melting Ice (how long does it take to melt ice and why does it melt?)
- Mitten War (we have mitten playing cards)
- Penguin shapes (see pic down below)
- Penguin fish math (goldfish adding and subtracting
- Snowman number match (We have snowman playing cards)
- P is for penguin and polar bears
- Matching mitten letters
- 3 little kitten story
- Snowball letter throw
- Ice painting
- Building a snowman
- Handprint snowflake
- Melted Snowman
I also play a few games like Yeti in my Spaghetti. Any winter books will work along with movies like Frozen. I hope these ideas are helpful for you. I really hope I get better at taking more pictures to you. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me. If you want to learn in detail how I create a lesson plan please subscribe so you don’t miss my digital download coming soon. Happy teaching! Love ya, Mary xoxoxo
I get a commission for purchases made through links within this page.
There is no charge to you by clicking on the links.